Prompt: Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010. (Author: Patti Digh)
5 minutes…on your mark, get set, go!
This past year my daughter got engaged (and will be married before the year is out). At first I was worried, then I started to like the guy, I began to trust her a little more, and now I’m downright excited. It’s funny how these kinds of things grow on you. I wish them all the best (though they will continue to live hundreds of miles away from me!), and I will do all I can to support their life path.
Last spring my husband was deployed to Qatar. I am so fortunate to have the technology we have today; we were able to Skype most every day, and email, and sometimes a have a regular phone call. It was only two months, but it seemed like a long time to me. He was in no danger (working on an AF base there). I had so much to be grateful for…yet it was still very difficult. We had not been married 2 years yet. I had spent most of my life living alone (well, no significant other, anyway), but it is amazing how quick we become attached to that other and they become quite significant. I am much more appreciative of those who sacrifice their husbands (and wives) for so much longer, and for my freedom. Thank you!
5 minutes. Done!
No comments:
Post a Comment